Welcome to The Seasonal Celebration Linky Party!
It’s howling a gale outside, the rain is lashing against the window panes and the weather is just too awful to even contemplate dancing in the rain! It’s got me thinking what is a family to do faced with bored teens and restless parents. The more I thought about it, the more I realised that if we could alter our thinking and look at the opportunity we have to spend family time together, we can create long-lasting memories for our children, and even better memories for ourselves.
I started a list of rainy-day ideas for all age-groups, that I’ll develop into a post next week: here are a few I’ve thought of so far..
- Make up a silly story and take it in turns to add the next line.
- Bake cupcakes together and have a tea party complete with cups and saucers.
- Play your favourite board-game that’s guaranteed to get everyone involved!
- Start that huge puzzle you were given, but have always put off.
- Play Jenga, s stacking game guaranteed to engage everyone!
- Hold a dressing up competition as to who can look the daftest!
- Put your tent up in the living room and read adventure stories to the kids, like Treasure Island or Swallows and Amazons!
What are your favourite rainy-day activities? What are some of your most cherished childhood memories from long, wet days spent inside your house? Please share your thoughts with me!
I have created a linky love page-feel free to add your linky party to us
Thanks Melissa, we look forward to the next in your series. Feel free to grab a featured button in the side-bar!
Now let’s link up!
It’s our wish, that together we can create an invigorating collection of ideas that will be an inspirational resource for our readers. Please feel free to link-up and share as many posts as you would like that you feel will build and encourage our little community of bloggers.It isn’t mandatory, but if you have a blog of your own, why not tell us about it on the Natural Mothers Network facebook page? Then we can visit you there too:-)We will feature our favourite project the following week here on the blog hop and post it on our facebook wall.
Please read through the guidelines below before linking.
- Remain sensitive to the ethos of Natural Mothers Network. So in order to maintain the integrity of our values, share your best posts on any topic as long as they are natural and reflect the season we’re in, by which I mean- written at this time of year.
- Please link your posts back to Seasonal Celebration. It helps build our little community as you are sending your readers to others who are also participating and you increase the chance of being featured!
- As a fellow blogger, we hope that you check out a couple of posts and leave a comment. We all really love to hear from each other as it helps validate what we do.
- Why not grab the Seasonal Celebration Sunday button in the side bar by placing the html into your post.
- Please, no linking to giveaways or promotions for affiliates or sponsors.
Bloggers, when you link with us you’ll receive an email reminder for Seasonal Celebration each week, you’re welcome to sign up HERE so it doesn’t go to junk- and of course you can un-subscribe whenever you wish.
I can’t wait to see what everyone has to share this week! Don’t forget to spread the word to all the bloggers you know and leave a comment, I just love getting these!
Photo credit: K.Hurley,
Category: seasonal celebration