Welcome to Seasonal Celebration Sunday!
Today marks the first day of Advent. With this in mind, I shall tell you a bit about the little family ritual we do each evening during the four weeks leading up to Christmas. We start by making a simple table wreath with spruce branches and twine, then on the wreath we secure four candles ( white or red) with copper wire. Each week of advent is marked with an additional candle lit for a few moments before we retire to bed. We start by lighting one candle in the first week, two in the second and end with four candles. A simple carol is all that’s needed to make a beautiful and much appreciated family ceremony.
An Advent calendar also marks the countdown to Christmas and to give you some inspired ideas from around the net, we’ve compiled a collection of creative homemade advent calendar tutorials for you to explore. If you haven’t done so already and you fancy making a delicious Traditional Christmas Pudding, today’s featured recipe is brought to us by April at 21st Century Housewife.
What are your family traditions during the month of December? Do you celebrate Advent or Hannukah, if so what does your family do to mark these special occasions?
Here is our featured post from last week, which will also be shared on our Facebook Page. Remember please, to link back to NMN if you wish to be featured, thank you. Feel free to grab our featured button in the sidebar!
Now let’s link up!
It’s our wish, that together we can create an invigorating collection of ideas that will be an inspirational resource for our readers. Please feel free to link-up and share as many posts as you would like that you feel will build and encourage our little community of bloggers.It isn’t mandatory, but if you have a blog of your own, why not tell us about it on the Natural Mothers Network facebook page? Then we can visit you there too:-)We will feature our favourite project the following week here on the blog hop and post it on our facebook wall.
Please read through the guidelines below before linking.
- Remain sensitive to the ethos of Natural Mothers Network. So in order to maintain the integrity of our values, share your best posts on any topic as long as they are natural and reflect the season we’re in, by which I mean- written at this time of year.
- Please link your posts back to Seasonal Celebration. It helps build our little community as you are sending your readers to others who are also participating and you increase the chance of being featured!
- As a fellow blogger, we hope that you check out a couple of posts and leave a comment. We all really love to hear from each other as it helps validate what we do.
- Why not grab the Seasonal Celebration Sunday button in the side bar by placing the html into your post?
- Please, no linking to giveaways or promotions for affiliates or sponsors.
Bloggers, when you link with us you’ll receive an email reminder for Seasonal Celebration each week; you’re welcome to sign up HERE so it doesn’t go to junk- and of course you can un-subscribe whenever you wish.
I can’t wait to see what everyone has to share this week! Don’t forget to spread the word to all the bloggers you know and leave a comment, I just love getting these! You can share the love by tweeting or sharing on facebook ( see slider to left )- that way our posts get read by even more people!