The pumpkin is an incredibly versatile vegetable, epitomising autumn with its gorgeous orange colour and sweet taste. So it’s all the more surprising that we so often relegate pumpkin purée to breads and pies alone, when there are so many creative ways to bring the pumpkin love into your life. From hummus to hot chocolate, body butter to frozen yogurt there’s something for everyone here, whether you have just a tablespoon of purée or an entire vat of the stuff!
- Frozen Pumpkin Cubes: Why not squirrel away your best purée to use during the winter months? ( Recipe and photo: Crunch Creamy Sweet )
- Spicy Pumpkin Hummus: Give your family, an appetizer with a seasonal twist this Thanksgiving. ( Recipe and photo: Once Upon a Cutting Board )
- Brown Rice Pumpkin Risotto: A spicy twist on the classic risotto and a fabulous belly-warmer on a cold autumnal day. ( Recipe and photo: Healthy Seasonal Recipes)
- LusciousPumpkin Body Butter: Whip this up and spread some pumpkin goodness on your skin. ( Recipe and photo: Care 2 )
- Pumpkin Spice Granola: Is anyone in your family going to say no to this? ( Recipe and photo: Baking Bites )
- Pumpkin Spice Pancakes: Turn breakfast upside down with these plump and spicy wonders. ( Recipe and photo: Pennies on a Platter )
- Healthy Pumpkin Bread: A more traditional use for pumpkin purée, but it’s our recipe so it’s joining the list! ( Recipe and photo: Natural Mothers Network )
- Pumpkin Hot Chocolate: This vegan treat is a great fall take on a winter-warming favourite! ( Recipe and photo: The Girls Gone Green )
- Blueberry Pumpkin Pie Protein Shake : Whizz this up to satisfy the largest of appetites! ( Recipe and photo: Paleomg )
- Raw Pumpkin Bread: One of our faves, this recipe takes some beating! ( Recipe and photo: Small Footprint Family )
- Pumpkin Frozen Yogurt: Featuring pumpkin, Greek yogurt and spice, this has to be the ultimate fall treat -yum! (Recipe and photo; Peanut Butter and Peppers )
- Pumpkin and Pomegranate Couscous: Fall-inspired couscous, how could we refuse? ( Recipe and photo: Little Bitty Bakes )
What are your favourite recipes with pumpkin purée?
I shared this post with Sugar Free Sunday, Sweet Confessions Sunday,Sunday School, My Meatless Mondays,Gluten-Free Monday, Weekend Gourmet, The Better Mom Mondays,Just Another Meatless Monday, Gluten Free Recipe Roundup, Make Your Own Monday, Monday Mania, Inspire Me Monday, This Week’s Cravings, Made From Scratch Monday, Make It Pretty Monday, The Gathering Spot, Domestically Divine Tuesday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Hearth and Soul, Tuesdays at the Table, Traditional Tuesdays, Fat Tuesday, Living Green Tuesdays, Frugal Days Sustainable Ways, Gluten-Free Wednesdays, Natural Living Linkup, Adorned from Above, Healthy 2Day Wednesdays, Real Food Wednesday, Mom’s Library, Lil’ Luna Link Party, Whole Foods Wednesday, Allergy-Free Wednesdays, Thursday’s Treasures, Full Plate Thursday, Keep It Real Thursday, Your Green Resource, Pennywise Platter, Eat Make Grow, Simple Lives Thursday, Wellness Weekend, Fill Those Jars Friday, Fresh Bites Friday, Freaky Friday, Fight Back Friday, Fit and Fabulous Fridays, Healthy Vegan Fridays, Gluten-Free Fridays, Little House Friday and Snacktime Saturday.
Category: autumn recipes
About the Author (Author Profile)
Rebecca Watkins worked as a professional photo journalist and travelled the world with her husband John, before settling down as a stay at home mother to their three daughters. They have recently moved back from the French Alps to an old cottage in Devon, England. Rebecca’s days are filled with visits to the beach, animated discussions and in the best moments, happiness and creativity in her family home of five. The other moments are filled with craziness and chaos and she loves those too.